For years, fans and media alike have argued whether the Twins would benefit more by moving “injury-prone” Joe Mauer to a less taxing position than catcher. For years, I’ve been arguing that Mauer is most valuable as a catcher, by a wide-margin, and for the team to get fair value from his enormous contract they need him to catch as long as possible. While all of that remains true, the fact is the Twins don’t have a short-term or long-term solution at third base. Prospect Miguel Sano is killing the ball for Beloit as one of the league’s youngest players, but as he continues to fill out there’s no guarantee he’ll remain at third base long-term. Read more here…
Recent Updates, Insights & Analysis
What You’re Saying
- Covia on The Jones boys are a lethal combination
- dribble on Is Derek Fisher the new Robert Horry?
- Can anyone keep Alabama from repeating? | on Can anyone keep Alabama from repeating?
- Kobe Bryant rivals Michael Jordan on Can Andrew Bynum carry the Lakers?
- Top 5 Bulls of All-Time: Pippen Surpassed by D Rose? on NBA’s best one-two punches within the last 30 years