Third-round rookie quarterbacks don’t typically get opportunities to begin the season as starters. No third-round rookie quarterback has been an opening-day starter since 1973, when the Bills gave Joe Ferguson the nod. But the Seahawks saw enough of third-round pick Russell Wilson at rookie minicamp to include him in their training camp battle at quarterback. Wilson will compete with incumbent Tarvaris Jackson and free-agent pickup Matt Flynn. Read more here…
Recent Updates, Insights & Analysis
What You’re Saying
- Covia on The Jones boys are a lethal combination
- dribble on Is Derek Fisher the new Robert Horry?
- Can anyone keep Alabama from repeating? | on Can anyone keep Alabama from repeating?
- Kobe Bryant rivals Michael Jordan on Can Andrew Bynum carry the Lakers?
- Top 5 Bulls of All-Time: Pippen Surpassed by D Rose? on NBA’s best one-two punches within the last 30 years